About Samona Lodge
Samona Lodge will take you on an adventure that shows you exactly what "biodiversity" looks like in real life. Commonly referred to as the "lungs of the world," there are more tree species in just one acre of this jungle than in all of North America. Just like the abundant monkeys, birds, and other animals that call the 6000 sq. km Cuyabeno Reserve their home, so does Samona.
With Samona Lodge, guests will have a chance to experience all the majesty of this pristine corner of the world from this comfortable lodge. The staff takes pride in their minimal environmental impact and green practices, but that doesn't mean that your tour won't be a complete experience.
Each of the private bungalows has been recently refurbished maintaining a rustic design, reflective of the rich indigenous culture that resides here. The rooms include beds with mosquito nets, private bathrooms with showers, and electricity in the common area.
Just a few hours away by bus, you will be back in the hustle and bustle of "civilization," but while you are here you will take a big step into a simpler and more relaxing life. Limited electricity and a complete isolation from the outside world will erase any worries from your mind as the sounds of the rainforest remind you what life is really about.
On your trip, you will have the chance to experience:
- Caiman spotting
- Visiting an indigenous community
- Bird & monkey spotting
- Witnessing beautiful sunrises & sunsets
Samona prices per person:
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
|Price||US$ 220||US$ 280||US$ 320|
*25% discount for children
- Private transportation Lago Agrio - Samona Lodge - Lago Agrio (bus and canoe).
- Bilingual naturalist guide.
- All meals (breakfast-lunch-dinner); pure water, coffee, tea.
- Accommodation in double and / or triple room with mosquito nets and a private bathroom.
- Excursion gear (rain coat, rubber boots, camping tents, life jackets).
- Transportation Quito - Lago Agrio - Quito (bus or plane)
- $ 5.00 community / $ 5.00 Shaman
- Meals before and after the tour
- All other expenses not specified in the tour.