About Guango Lodge
What was once a cattle farm has transformed into a popular hostel for travelers passing through the Papallacta region. Famous for its hot springs and various species of birds (especially hummingbirds), avian aficionados come from all over the world to witness the Amazon's tropical secrets. A good pair of binoculars or a camera will drop your jaw as you witness up to 14 different species of hummingbirds in only one hour. And all right from the lodge.
This beautiful lodge is built right into the primary forest, with an emphasis on eco-tourism that helps both the community and the natural environment. While here, it will be obvious that the primary focus is bird watching and conservation, but there are also other great opportunities, like:
- Cooking lessons
- Photography lessons
- Strolling through the orchid garden
- And more
They offer an intimate environment, with only 8 rooms and a maximum guest occupancy of 15 people. Every one of the comfortable rooms has a private bathroom with hot running water, showers, and even an in-room coffee maker.
You will find that the rest of the lodge is just as charming, featuring several private common areas, a delightful orchid garden, fireplaces, hummingbird feeders, and great bar service. The kitchen staff also prepares delicious, fresh, and authentic Ecuadorian cuisine.
Guango Lodge prices per person:
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
|US$ 90||US$ 110|
* Price per night, per person
* Inquire your sales expert for deals in children special discounts.
* Please add 22% for government and service tax.
* Included: Accommodation and 3 meals
|Programs||Price per person in double room|
|General Interest shared programs||US$ 420|
|Private Birding Programs||US$ 655|
* If you are travelling on your own, please contact us for a single traveler rate
* Rate based on 2 participants
* We offer an 8 days program, if you are interested please contact us for more information
- Meals (from lunch on the first day, to lunch on the last day)
- Bilingual naturalist guide (or Spanish-speaking, local birding guide) for all days limited to eight participants.
- Group transfers and all taxes.
- Extra drinks (sodas, beers, wines, etc.)
- Private guide
- Transportation services
- Other personal expenses (telephone calls, laundry, etc.).