Pinnacle Rock, BARTOLOME ISLAND
The best known of Bartholomew’s features is the tuff cone known as Pinnacle Rock. This large black partially eroded lava formation was created when magma expelled from the volcano reached the sea. Arriving at the top of the wooden stairway you are treated to one of the great panoramic views in the Galápagos. The islands vary in colour from a bright orange, to blacks and greens..
- Activities: Panga ride, snorkeling & hike
- Difficulty: Moderate/ difficult. Walk up to the top of volcano 114 meters, 375 wooden steps
- Type of Landing: Dry and wet landing
- Highlights: Pinnacle rock, panoramic view, moonlike landscape, excellent photographic opportunity, Penguins, Green sea turtles, lava lizards, lava herons, marine iguanas, pelicans, mockingbirds, pioneer plants, lava cactus, reef sharks, sting rays , great colorful fish
- Bartolome's Visitor Sites: White-Sand Beach